[Distutils] PATCH: sysconfig and NT

Amos Latteier amos@aracnet.com
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 17:48:32 -0700

Here's a patch that seems to get sysconfig minimally working under NT for
me. Has anyone else done better?

I noticed that distutils installs itself under 'lib\site-packages' which
does not seem to be a convention under NT, at least the directory does not
exist by default, and is not in the Python path by default. It seems that
Windows packages normally go in the top level Python directory--at least
that's where the win32 packages install themselves, and it *is* in the
Python path by default...

Anyway here's the simple-minded patch.

-Amos

RCS file: /projects/cvsroot/distutils/distutils/sysconfig.py,v
retrieving revision 1.5
diff -r1.5 sysconfig.py
130a131,139
> def _init_nt():
>     """Initialize the module as appropriate for NT"""
>     g=globals()
>     # load config.h, though I don't know how useful this is
>     parse_config_h(open(
>             os.path.join(sys.exec_prefix, "include", "config.h")), g)
>     # set basic install directories
>     g['LIBDEST']=os.path.join(sys.exec_prefix, "Lib")
>     g['BINLIBDEST']=os.path.join(sys.exec_prefix, "Lib")
132c141
<
---

141a151