[Distutils] Can now compile simple extensions

David Ascher da@ski.org
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 20:20:24 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

On Thu, 19 Aug 1999, Perry A. Stoll wrote:

> Nice work, Greg! I thought I'd let David take a break on this one, so
> attached is an MSVCCompiler, which works for me using MSVC 5.0. Not much has
> changed on the command line usage for MSVC 6.0, so this should probably work
> there also.

Great!  It's a very good thing for Greg given his talk on Monday! A very
good thing for me (for obvious reasons), and, of course, a very good thing
for Python users worldwide.

Thanks, Perry!

--david