[Distutils] Revised design proposal

David Ascher da@skivs.ski.org
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 10:56:45 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

>   Meta-comment:  I am very concerned that the non-Unix crowd doesn't
> seem to be involved with this project.  Is there any way to make them
> aware of the effort?

I'm keeping an eye on the list, just don't have time to get deeply
involved.  As long as you don't assume a standard makefile format, and
keep flexibility in the installation locations, we can probably fit win32
around it.

Someone should also think about whether adding some support for registry
manipulations makes sense, in the long run.

--david