[Distutils] Revised design proposal

Fred L. Drake Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@acm.org
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 14:13:58 -0500 (EST)

David Ascher writes:
 > I'm keeping an eye on the list, just don't have time to get deeply
 > involved.  As long as you don't assume a standard makefile format, and
 > keep flexibility in the installation locations, we can probably fit win32

  Glad to hear it!

 > Someone should also think about whether adding some support for registry
 > manipulations makes sense, in the long run.

  Probably so; I guess this means it'll need to be added to the core
Python distribution for Win32.  I'm sure a basic registry module
wouldn't be hard to write (unless it's o.k. to abscond an existing bit
of code?? ;), but this is largely up to Guido (accepting it, not
necessarily writing it) since it would have to be core.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake@acm.org>
1895 Preston White Dr.	    Reston, VA  20191