[Distutils] Re: Add multiple frozen modules

James C. Ahlstrom jim@interet.com
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 09:21:46 -0400

Christian Tismer wrote:

> I'd say we write a startup program which sits in the same
> directory as the python15.dll (which is the Python
> directory for my customers! I don't want to interfere with
> anything.) This extracts it's executable's program path,
> chdirs to there, sets the environment internally to "."
> (which holds now), and the site.py trick always should work.

We would need to remember the original getcwd() and chdir
back so the user's "Start in" setting still works.

Also, I think it would be better to use the directory of
python15.dll, since all of Python is in it, and that is
where imports are done.  It is not really a feature of the
app.

Jim Ahlstrom