[Distutils] Re: Add multiple frozen modules

James C. Ahlstrom jim@interet.com
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 09:50:48 -0400

"M.-A. Lemburg" wrote:

> As far as I have skimmed the discussion, you are mostly talking
> about freeze'ing on Windows platforms.

Actually, we are trying to get something which works identically
on Windows and Unix if possible.

> The problem with this binary is that it fails to load shared
> libs (DLLs on WinNT). This fails for both Unix and Windows

I would guess the problem on Windows is that the shared libs
have been compiled to need Python, and so the only way they
can get Python is in a DLL.  If the main.exe and a shared lib
both need Python (the usual case) then Python MUST be in a
shared lib too.  Making an exe will not work.  On Windows, the
solution is to put the frozen Python libs into python15.dll.
Then everything will work.

Jim Ahlstrom