[Distutils] Re: Add multiple frozen modules

James C. Ahlstrom jim@interet.com
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 09:49:41 -0400

"M.-A. Lemburg" wrote:
> Just a note here: the new DLL should *not* be named python15.dll,
> since this is likely to cause incompatible setups -- why not call
> it pylib15.dll or something similar. This DLL would then only
> include the frozen modules and live happily alongside of the
> standard python15.dll. Only the EXE would know about the frozen
> modules in pylib15.dll (with the extra magic to include them
> as frozen modules in sys).

I don't have a problem with including the frozen libs as a
seperate DLL.  But I don't think the main.exe needs to be
involved at all on Windows.  Remember on Windows all of Python
including import.c is in python15.dll.

We may be having Unix/Windows mind set problems.  I am saying
that the frozen libs (however they are packaged) are controlled
by the module containing Python and import.c.  On Windows that
is python15.dll, on Unix it is often the main.

By the way, if you can test a Windows CGI setup, I would be happy
to send you a hacked python15.dll which might solve your module
load problems.

Jim Ahlstrom