[Distutils] Wizards' Resolution to Zope/PIL/mxDateTime conflict?

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@mems-exchange.org
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 14:45:36 -0400 (EDT)

Jeffrey C. Jacobs writes:
>packages for conflicts on a first-come-first-serve basis?  Set up a
>committee of Python certification which will basically go through each new
>package and install it on a max-install station.  If there are no conflicts,
>the package is certified and the author gets official recognition. If there

     Too much bureaucracy; won't fly.  Either Java's org.python.core
arrangement will have to be used, or some other automatic
disambiguation method will have to be used; intervention of an outside
committee isn't acceptable, because then I can't name anything without
contacting them.

Nothing I've ever written has reached 1.0.
    -- Greg Ward at IPC7, on using small version numbers