[Distutils] I browsed through the distutils source!

Martijn Faassen M.Faassen@vet.uu.nl
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 19:05:07 +0200

Hi there,

This is NOT major news, just a note of encouragement to Greg Ward, and
making sure he knows that people are indeed looking at things:

I just installed CVS on this win95 system at work, downloaded the
distutils source, and read through the sources some. It looks pretty
neat. I haven't actually tried *running* distutils yet on this windows
box, but I'll try to get to that later this week and give you all a
report on what happened.

Note on installing CVS on a win95 box: be sure to set the environment
variable HOME to some directory or it won't work -- this was not
mentioned in any CVS docs I found; presumably in win NT, HOME is already
set.

Greg, anything you'd like me to examine especially?

Regards,

Martijn