[Distutils] Distutils integration

T-Mithy Myddletin as544@freenet.toronto.on.ca
Sat, 27 Nov 1999 02:02:18 -0500

Just to add a second spam to the list for this month, I thought I
might drop a (hopefully pertinent) note to let anyone in this SIG who
might be interested know that I have tonight added a bunch of new
fields to the Vaults of Parnassus database...
( http://www.vex.net/~x/parnassus/ ).

One of these is a 'direct download' link. Another is a numberical
flag... potentially a "distutil" flag of some sort.

I don't know if this is motivation or not, but Vaults of Parnassus is
ready (and even eagre) to attempt some sort of integration with
Distutils distributions whenever Distutils is ready to be adopted. In
time we might even be able to work up a little client of some sort,
like Perl has, for easy searching, downloading, and install.

I have looked briefly at the distutils package. Pretty complicated
stuff. I understand it is intended to be simplified some eventually,
when the lower level stuff is sorted out. I hope so. All the
complicated stuff is good, but you have to have a REALLY SIMPLE option
for people like me with only simple needs to understand too. (-:

Anyhow, keep plugging away!

  Tim Middleten =-=-with cries among angelic orders-=-= x @ veX . net
   * Nov 27th * International Day of Spreads