[Distutils] Distutils integration

Martijn Faassen m.faassen@vet.uu.nl
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 15:26:50 +0100

Greg Ward wrote:

> On 27 November 1999, T-Mithy Myddletin said:
> > I don't know if this is motivation or not, but Vaults of Parnassus is
> > ready (and even eagre) to attempt some sort of integration with
> > Distutils distributions whenever Distutils is ready to be adopted.
>
> Cool... BUT I worry that having multiple Python archives or
> meta-archives might be as bad as having none at all.  Oh well, that's
> the mess the Perl world was in five years ago before Jarkko Hietaniemi
> came along and cooked up CPAN.

The Vaults have been received quite happily by the Python community; I
think there's a good chance they *will* be the standard archives for
Python, from what I've seen so far. Cooperation of Distutils with the
Vaults therefore seems like a good idea to me. This is why I suggested
it in the first place.. :)

Regards,

Martijn