[Distutils] DEF Files

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 15:57:21 +0200

Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:

> M.-A. Lemburg writes:
>  > I don't really get your points here... you can stick all those
>  > weird symbols into macros and then forget about them.
>
>   In fact, when you:
>
> #include "Python.h"
>
> you get "the right stuff" defined as DL_IMPORT and DL_EXPORT.  (Why
> these aren't called Py_DL_IMPORT and Py_DL_EXPORT, I have no idea; I
> think they should be.)

Interesting. The DL_EXPORT macro must be new. I hacked up my
own because previously there was no explicit way to say "export
this symbol", only "import this symbol" via DL_IMPORT (and export
it under some other conditions).

Perhaps I should move back to using the Python macros instead
of mine.

And yes, DL_IMPORT/EXPORT should have the Py prefix. Those
names just sound like they could attract trouble ;-)

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
Y2000:                                                   108 days left