[Distutils] The "dist" command

Fred L. Drake, Jr. Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@acm.org
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 09:19:51 -0400 (EDT)

Perry Stoll writes:
 > Ignoring the fact that Greg was being facetious (I hope...). There is a free
 > replacement for Win32 called, oddly enough, find. From the cygnus win32 GNU
 > utilties:
 >    http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/

Perry,
  Actually, I was already aware of that, and the MKS Toolkit as well
(which includes a non-free version of find).  However, these are both
third-party addons, even if one is free.  Since the use of find in
this case is quite simple, I think implementing a "manifest" command
in distutils would be worth the 15-20 lines of code it would take.
  I'd hate for us to recommend users to go install YASP ("yet another
software package") just to be able to get a list of files and
directories!

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake@acm.org>