[Distutils] The "dist" command

Fred L. Drake, Jr. Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@acm.org
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 10:19:07 -0400 (EDT)

Mikael Lyngvig writes:
 > Yes, but Greg pointed out a severe short-coming (and I found one more:
 > keyword args don't preserve the order of the options), so it would have to
 > be a list of options, or even a simple command-line string, so there's not
 > much difference.

Mikael,
  Still, a lot of the common cases can be handled by convenience
functions that either do the right thing simply or build the more
complicated paramters to the general implementation.  find, in
particular, is subject to the ordering problem, but most commands are
not.
  Sounds like a cool thing to have handy!

  -Fred

--