[Distutils] Distutils credits list

Greg Ward gward@python.net
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 21:19:11 -0400

Hi all --

I've just updated the credits list in the Distutils README, based on
scanning the CVS logs (ouch).  Let me know if you should be on here --
it's only recently that I've been careful about recording contributors'
names in the checkin message, so a few people may have slipped through.
This is in roughly chronological order; to get on this list, you have to
have sent in a patch that I accepted more-or-less verbatim:

  * Fred Drake: the sysconfig module
  * Amos Latteier: NT support in sysconfig
  * Perry Stoll: the MSVCCompiler class and the example setup
    script for Numerical Python,
  * Robin Becker: registry support in msvccompiler.py
  * Thomas Heller: more work on the registry support, several
    bug fixes in the Windows support, and just generally improving
    the code for compiling extensions on Windows
  * Eric Tiedemann: bug fixes
  * Fred Drake and Guido van Rossum: helping to figure out the
    "right way" to install third-party Python modules
  * Joe Van Andel: tweaks to the sysconfig module, misc. bug fixes
  * Corran Webster: Mac OS support in general
  * Bastian Kleineidam: the "clean" command, and a pile of
    patches and bug-fixes, large and small

If you think someone in this list is undeserving of recognition, perhaps
you'd better take it up with them directly.  ;-)

Probably should have a list of bug-spotters, but oh well.  Maybe
later...

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - Linux weenie                                gward@python.net