[Distutils] Installation on Win2K

Michael Simcich msimcich@accesstools.com
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 09:13:01 -0700

Actually I have rebooted. Python.exe is in the path as revealed when I type
path it shows up as expected. The error persists.

Michael Simcich
AccessTools

-----Original Message-----
From: distutils-sig-admin@python.org
[mailto:distutils-sig-admin@python.org]On Behalf Of Bastian Kleineidam
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2000 8:30 AM
To: Michael Simcich
Cc: distutils-sig@python.org
Subject: Re: [Distutils] Installation on Win2K

>I added python.exe to my path and it didn't help. Thanks for any help!
What do you mean exactly "added to my path"?
I assume that you added the directory where python.exe lies into the
set PATH statement in your autoexec.bat.
In this case you have to reexecute autoexec.bat to set your path with the
changed value. After this it should work.

If you want to propagate this change system-wide you have to
reboot.

Bastian Kleineidam