[Distutils] Installation on Win2K

Michael Simcich msimcich@accesstools.com
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 17:33:02 -0700

Thanks. I got it to install, I had included the python.exe in the path. I'm
kind of ill, maybe that will serve as an excuse. <g>

Thanks for the assist.

Michael Simcich
AccessTools

-----Original Message-----
From: Bastian Kleineidam [mailto:calvin@cs.uni-sb.de]
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2000 5:00 PM
To: Michael Simcich
Cc: distutils-sig@python.org
Subject: RE: [Distutils] Installation on Win2K

>Actually I have rebooted. Python.exe is in the path as revealed when I type
>path it shows up as expected. The error persists.
Hmm, ok, another point to pay attention: do not use whitespace in the
set PATH=... command. E.g. this is bad:
set PATH=c:\windows;c:\program files\python
(if python.exe is in c:\program files\python\python.exe)
Use this:
set PATH=c:\windows;c:\progra~1\python
or
set PATH=c:\windows;"c:\program files\python"

This is known to work on my Win98 system.
If this does not work for you, provide a copy of your PATH command.
You could even try the Microsoft hotline.

Bastian Kleineidam