[Distutils] Installation on Win2K

Michael Simcich msimcich@accesstools.com
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 22:58:15 -0700

Right... that was it... it's just been so long since I messed with paths.

Michael Simcich
AccessTools

-----Original Message-----
From: distutils-sig-admin@python.org
[mailto:distutils-sig-admin@python.org]On Behalf Of Greg Ward
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2000 6:17 PM
To: distutils-sig@python.org
Subject: Re: [Distutils] Installation on Win2K

On 05 April 2000, Michael Simcich said:
> "python setup.py install" and get the following:
> E:\Python\Distutils-0.1.3>python setup.py install
> 'python' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
> program or batch file.
>
> I added python.exe to my path and it didn't help. Thanks for any help!

What *exactly* do you mean by "added python.exe to [your] path"?  You
should add *the directory that contains python.exe* to your path.

What is the output of the "path" command in the command-prompt window
where you're attempting to run Python?

(Urgh.. attempting to dredge up long forgotten MS-DOS crud...)

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - just another Python hacker                  gward@python.net
http://starship.python.net/~gward/