[Distutils] How to actually use distutils?

Thu, 6 Apr 2000 13:04:49 -0500

Now that there is a distutils directory under .../Lib in the Python
distribution and Guido is deprecating the soundex extension module, I figure
it's time to try wrapping up my soundex-in-Python replacement using
Distutils.  Only problem is, I see nothing that looks like any documentation
for it in the Python source tree.  core.py mentions a setup script, but I
see no example of such a beast.  Perhaps .../Lib/distutils needs a README
file, especially if the contents of that directory alone are not sufficient
to create a distribution (I sort of suspect they aren't).

Pointers appreciated...

--
Skip Montanaro | http://www.mojam.com/
skip@mojam.com | http://www.musi-cal.com/