[Distutils] How to actually use distutils?

Thu, 6 Apr 2000 13:23:11 -0500 (CDT)

    Fred> There is documentation in the distutils CVS repository, at least
    Fred> skeletal.  I'll talk to Greg about just where that should go.

    Thomas> Try the distutils resource page:
    Thomas> http://www.python.org/sigs/distutils-sig/

Thanks to both Fred and Thomas.  I did eventually work my way around to the
SIG page, but only because while grepping the Doc directory I found

    % tfind . | xargs egrep -i distutils
    ./ext/ext.tex:\url{http://www.python.org/sigs/distutils-sig/} on the Python Web

I thought the CVS repository in .../Lib/distutils was a symlink to the real
thing, so any documentation files it contains should have been extracted by
"cvs update -d .", right?

Skip