[Distutils] RE: New code snapshot

Greg Ward gward@ase.com
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 17:42:36 -0400

On 19 April 2000, Lyle Johnson said:
> This snapshot still has the problem for processing MANIFEST.in files under
> Windows. This bug was fixed for a while in the CVS sources but seems to have
> gotten broken again. If you have a line like this:
>
> 	include test/autotest.py
>
> in your MANIFEST.in file, running "setup.py sdist" under Windows won't
> include this file because the path separator is wrong.

I couldn't reproduce this -- I tried both Distutils 0.8 and the latest
snapshot under Windows today, and the sdist command works fine.  (Well,
OK, it doesn't work too well with the snapshot, since the snapshot
doesn't include the full source distribution.  But it didn't get hung up
on slashes!)

Furthermore, sdist.py hasn't changed since I added the
slash-to-backslash fix.

Can you post *exactly* what command you ran and what output you got?

Thanks --

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - Linux geek                                  gward@ase.com