[Distutils] Distutils 0.8.2 released

Greg Ward gward@ase.com
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 23:16:16 -0400

Right, as threatened, I've checked in fixes to those two
paper-bag-over-my-head bugs, as well as the new bztar feature, and
release Distutils 0.8.2.  Hey wow, that's cool -- technically speaking,
I didn't have to write *any* code for this release -- just check in
patches!  Thanks, Lyle and Harry!

Here's the entry from CHANGES.txt:

Release 0.8.2 (24 April, 2000):
-------------------------------
  * bug fix: --help option failed due to over-eager refactoring in
    0.8.1 (thanks to Harry Henry Gebel)

  * bug fix: conversion of Unix-style paths to Windows style fixed
    (so the sdist command should be portable now) (thanks to
    Lyle Johnson)

  * added bztar format to generate .tar.bz2 source distributions
    (thanks to Harry Henry Gebel)

--
Greg Ward - just another /P(erl|ython)/ hacker          gward@python.net
http://starship.python.net/~gward/