[Distutils] bdist_rpm

Harry Henry Gebel hgebel@inet.net
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 00:16:15 -0400

> Also, is there any sort of standard emerging for better platform strings
> in RPM filenames?  "foo-1.3.4-1.i386.rpm" doesn't really cut it if you
> want to live in a world where Solaris, Linux, and *BSD all use RPMs.
> (Yes yes, I know they *don't*, but it's a nice idea...)

I did a quick skim through rpmfind.net, and all of the Solaris RPMs I saw
had solaris within the package name, but I think this was a convention one
packager and not a standard of any kind.

--=20
Harry Henry Gebel, Senior Developer, Landon House SBS
West Dover Hundred, Delaware
PyNcurses ncurses binding for Python: http://pyncurses.sourceforge.ne