[Distutils] Patch for new install options

Harry Henry Gebel hgebel@inet.net
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 00:39:35 -0400

On Wed, Apr 26, 2000 at 10:00:20PM -0400, Greg Ward wrote:
> On 26 April 2000, I said:
> >     ./setup.py install --root=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT
>
> OK, I've added this option to the install command.  Works for me, but it
> will blow up on Windows and Mac OS because I'm not sure of the right way
> to forcibly set a new root directory on a path that might already be
> absolute.  Probably just because my brain is running at a low ebb
> tonight.  Anyways, take a look in distutils/util.py at 'change_root()'
> in the latest CVS if you can help me.

This is basically why --package-prefix didn't support Mac and Windows,
because don't know much about Windows path conventions, or anything about
Mac, so I thought it would be better to let someone who was familiar with
those platforms fill it in.

--
Harry Henry Gebel, Senior Developer, Landon House SBS
West Dover Hundred, Delaware