[Distutils] distutils and python release schedule

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@beopen.com
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 15:08:43 -0400 (EDT)

Thomas Heller writes:
 > Now, with the release schedules for 1.6 and 2.0
 > what is the status of distutils?
 >
 > Which version will be included in 1.6 (do we care
 > about that)?.

  At this point, 1.6 contains Distutils 0.9; I'll change that whenever
Greg tells me what to use.

 > Which version in 2.0? Probably 1.0, whatever that means...

  By definition!  ;)  This is up to Greg.

 > bdist_wininst has one known bug (the user
 > running the installer will receive error messages
 > if zero-length files are included in the distribution).

  That's one strange bug!  But I've heard about some versions of
particular ZIP tools having problems with zero-length files depending
on option settings, so this might not be so unusual.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at beopen.com>
BeOpen PythonLabs Team Member