[Distutils] New bdist_wininst

Thomas Heller thomas.heller@ion-tof.com
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 15:03:20 +0200

> On 25 August 2000, Thomas Heller said:
> > This is a new release of the distutils windows installer.
> > The known bug (bogus error message when an empty file is
> > extracted) is fixed.
>
> Great!  Just checked it all in.  Please "cvs update" and make sure I got
> everything.  I'll also be putting out a new code snapshot in a couple of
> minutes.
Thanks. Everything seems ok.

> > Greg, the zip-file contains complete files, not diffs.
>
> It also contained a bunch of other cruft -- (empty) CVS directories,
> and bits and pieces of the Distutils source tree.  Please be careful to
> just include your code -- misc/* and distutils/command/bdist_wininst.py.
My fault. I created the zip-file with WinZip by zipping the whole distutils
source tree, and then deleted everything not related to bdist_wininst.
Didn't know (and winzip didn't show it) that all this crap was still
included.

BTW, what do you think of the changes I made, especially this one:
  - The target-compile and target-optimize flags of bdist_wininst
    are gone. It is no longer possible to compile the python
    files during installation.

Thomas