[Distutils] Convention for installing binary data files

Brian Takashi Hooper brian@garage.co.jp
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 19:17:07 +0900

Hi there,

I'm a newcomer to distutils, so sorry in advance if this is a question
that is too obvious for everyone...

I was wondering what the convention is for including binary data files
with the installation of a module.  Like say I had a table called
table.data, that I wanted to have be installed with everything else on
python setup.py install - should the data file be part of install_py, or
install_ext, or something else?

We'd like to use distutils to package up a current project, but weren't
sure about this point, and couldn't find it in the docs...

--Brian Hooper