[Distutils] Re: CygwinCCompiler, msvc hack, BCPPCompiler

Greg Ward gward@python.net
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 10:16:13 -0400

On 30 June 2000, Rene Liebscher said:
> But if you compile it with MSVC or use the downloaded binary
> version, then you have this special PC config.h file. And in
> this file you need a special section for GNU C. (probably
> using #ifdef __GNUC__ somewhere.)
>
> So I will change my code, if it finds GCC in sys.version, then
> it doesn't need to check the config.h file.

This is all to avoid the "Python's config.h doesn't seem to support your
compiler." warning, right?  Or is there something more to it?

Have a patch yet, BTW?

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - programmer-at-big                           gward@python.net