[Distutils] Suggested directory convention

Harry Henry Gebel hgebel@inet.net
Wed, 31 May 2000 22:09:50 -0400

On Wed, May 31, 2000 at 09:44:04PM -0400, Mark W. Alexander wrote:
> In some cases, I would like to do the same with Python
> packages, e.g. have the "dist" directory installed under
> the package installation directory. It's frequently
> usefull to have access to pre/post install scripts
> at other times, and they're generally not big enough to
> be a space concern.

And binary package making commands like bdist_rpm could look in the
directory to find the default scripts, which would make one less thing to
put into package_data (in fact, maybe this could almost eliminate
package_data if configuration, build, and install scripts were placed here,
I think most other parts of package_data could be moved into setup.py as
meta-data.)

--
Harry Henry Gebel, Senior Developer, Landon House SBS
West Dover Hundred, Delaware