[Distutils] Patch to bdist_rpm

Harry Henry Gebel hgebel@inet.net
Sun, 4 Jun 2000 23:09:08 -0400

On Sun, Jun 04, 2000 at 10:40:50AM -0400, Greg Ward wrote:
> should we default the "requires" list to "python-1.5.2" (or whatever the
> current Python version is)?  Developers can of course override this, but
> it seems like it might be a useful default.

Good question, maybe it would be best to just require python and if the
package requires a specific version let the packager override this. On the
other hand 1.5.2 has been out for long enough that alot of modules do
require it, so maybe "python >= 1.5.2" should be the default.

--
Harry Henry Gebel, Senior Developer, Landon House SBS        ICQ# 76308382
West Dover Hundred, Delaware