[Distutils] building extensions with AIX

Greg Ward gward@python.net
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 22:00:04 -0400

On 26 June 2000, Rene Liebscher said:
> >   * extend the default compiler table, as you suggested, to respect
> >     sys.platform
> It is also done, even if we don't need anymore a seperate compiler class
> for AIX. But I included some comments how it would look if we had one.

OK, I've squirrelled this away in my "patches" directory for a rainy
day.  If it's not needed for the AIX hack, it's not needed (yet).

Your fix to sysconfig.py looked right in spirit, but I totally rewrote
it.  Give it a whirl and let me know if I broke anything.

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - just another /P(erl|ython)/ hacker          gward@python.net
http://starship.python.net/~gward/