[Distutils] DOS text files and CVS

Greg Ward gward@python.net
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 22:10:48 -0400

Let's see: three votes for "cvs add -kb", two of whom said they didn't
think that was the right way, and the third who hadn't used CVS in 6
years.

Two votes for "just check it in, ya coward", one of whom advised me to
strip LF's before doing so.

And one who told me not to worry about Unix line-endings, because
Notepad is the only Windows editor that can't deal with them.  Well,
guess what folks: Notepad is the only Windows editor I've ever used.
D'you wonder why I run screaming in terror?  ;-)

So I stripped the LF's and just checked the damn things in.  Guess I'll
find out if I screwed up soon enough.  Thanks for your help!

escape-meta-alt-control-shift-till-the-day-I-die...

        Greg

(PS. I recently learned that there's an Emacs command -- M-C-% -- that
uses all three standard shift keys on a PC keyboard -- awesome!  My life
is now complete...)
--
Greg Ward - Linux geek                                  gward@python.net
http://starship.python.net/~gward/