[Distutils] Re: [Python-Dev] DOS text files and CVS

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@beopen.com
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 22:25:47 -0400 (EDT)

    GW> can anyone enlighten me on the right way to check in DOS text
    GW> files to a CVS repository?  I have Thomas Heller's C source
    GW> for his simple graphical installer for Python modules, and it
    GW> should definitely be in the Distutils CVS tree.  But I don't
    GW> want to check it in if it'll screw up line-endings for anyone.
    GW> Is there a Right Way to do this?

If there's no reason why it /has/ to be DOS text, convert it to Unix
line endings first.  XEmacs will even do the conversion for you!  That
is, if the other suggestions people have made don't help.

-Barry