[Distutils] rpath broken

gward@python.net gward@python.net
Sat, 18 Mar 2000 10:26:48 -0500

On 15 March 2000, Joe Van Andel said:
> I'm building C Python extensions under Solaris and Linux.  Under
> Solaris, I need to specify the
> '-R' options.  'rpath' is documented to do this, but doesn't have any
> affect.

Oops, thanks for spotting that!  That feature was only partially
implemented.

> In ccompiler.py, I notice the _fix_link_args() routine manipulates
> libraries and library_dirs, but doesn't use rpath.

Sorta.  It's really the job of 'gen_lib_options()', in ccompiler.py, and
the methods in unixccompiler and msvccompiler that call it.  Anyways,
I've fixed it and checked the change it.  Not tested though -- please
try again with the latest CVS version and let me know how it works.

BTW, Joe, you keep finding nice juicy bugs in the Distutils.  Could I
get my hands on your extensions and setup script?  The setup script
might be a nice example to distribute with the Distutils, and the whole
package would definitely be another good test case for me.

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - Unix weenie                                 gward@python.net
http://starship.python.net/~gward/