[Distutils] Installation: new code, new docs

Greg Ward gward@python.net
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 23:19:17 -0500

On 22 March 2000, Joe Van Andel said:
> I removed my distutils distribution, and re-synced with CVS.  Here's the
> tail end of
> % rm -fr build
> % python setup.py install
>
> running install_lib
> Traceback (innermost last):
[...]
>   File "distutils/core.py", line 468, in find_command_class
>     raise DistutilsModuleError, \
> distutils.errors.DistutilsModuleError: invalid command 'install_lib' (no
> class '
> install_lib' in module 'distutils.command.install_lib')

Oops!  My mistake -- fixed, will check it in shortly.

> "python setup.py install_py " did work, however, the result was that
> distutils seems broken.

Hmmm, something wrong with your "cvs update" then -- install_py is gone,
history, dead, deleted, removed, shuffled-off-its-mortal-coil.  That is
an EX-module!

Well, try again after I checkin the fix.

Thanks --

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - Unix weenie                                 gward@python.net