[Distutils] patch to change order of -I's in build_ext.py

Les Schaffer godzilla@netmeg.net (Les Schaffer)
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 13:58:07 -0500 (EST)

the following one line patch fixes a problem when using distutils to
build CVS releases of Numerical Python.

what was happening is this: changes were being made to the Numeric API
-- changes reflected in the .h files in subdir Include -- but the
distutils script build_ext.py was placing -I/usr/include/python1.5
__before__ the local -IInclude, hence killing the compile process when
API changes occured.

the change below adds -I/usr/include/python1.5 to the end of the list
self.include_dir rather than the beginning. perhaps you pros in
distutils SIG have a better fix than this hack???

les schaffer

*** build_ext.py~    Sun Jan 30 13:34:12 2000
--- build_ext.py     Tue Mar 28 13:30:03 2000
***************
*** 99,105 ****
              self.include_dirs = string.split (self.include_dirs,
                                                os.pathsep)

!         self.include_dirs.insert (0, py_include)
          if exec_py_include != py_include:
              self.include_dirs.insert (0, exec_py_include)

--- 99,105 ----
              self.include_dirs = string.split (self.include_dirs,
                                                os.pathsep)

!         self.include_dirs.append(py_include)