[Distutils] More problems?

Greg Ward gward@python.net
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 22:54:09 -0500

On 28 March 2000, Thomas Heller said:
> How is the --library_dirs resp. -L
> option supposed to be used?

Just like the -L option to Unix linkers:

  -L/foo/bar -L/ding/dong

However, I don't think I ever really finished implementing it -- I was
pretty sure it would be needed at some point, but never actually got to
the point where *I* needed it!

> When I type
>   python setup.py install build_ext -L=./Libs
> I get the following linker command line:
>
> ... /LIBPATH:= /LIBPATH:. /LIBPATH:/ /LIBPATH:L /LIBPATH:i (and so on)

And obviously (*giggle*) I never tested it.  D'ohh!

But I'm tired now and going to bed soon.  If I don't get a patch before
tomorrow evening (say, 2000 GMT) then I'll fix it myself.

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - Unix nerd                                   gward@python.net
http://starship.python.net/~gward/