[Distutils] bdist_rpm and --arch

Harry Henry Gebel hgebel@inet.net
Tue, 9 May 2000 09:14:36 -0400

The response from the rpm list seems to indicate that the problem I am
having is an rpm bug in versions < 3.04, and the response on how to get
around the bug was "upgrade to 3.04". Rather than require that rpm be a
certain version, I am going to remove this option. Anyone who wishes to
build under a different architecture than the default can still make a
source RPM with Distutils and then run `rpm -bb` from the command line.

I am currently adding CFLAGS support so that the i686 and i586 RPMs
generated by default on Pentium-class machines will really be i686 and
i586 RPMs

--
Harry Henry Gebel, Senior Developer, Landon House SBS
West Dover Hundred, Delaware