[Distutils] Parsing config files + passing options

Harry Henry Gebel hgebel@inet.net
Thu, 11 May 2000 12:27:03 -0400

On Thu, May 11, 2000 at 10:29:19AM -0400, Brad Chapman wrote:
> 2. Going along with this first problem, I was also wondering how to
> pass specific compiler flags. The issue I have is that on FreeBSD,
> there is a FreeBSD specific option for linking the thread libraries:
> '-pthread' (what this option does is link in libc_r and not libc, if
> anyone cares. I'm afraid I'm not smart enough to more about it than
> that :-).

If you look through recent bdist_rpm related messages, the last bdist_rpm
patch contains a patch to build_ext.py that allows it to recognize the
CFLAGS environment variable, and one of Greg's messages contains a way to
specify compiler flags in setup.py .

--
Harry Henry Gebel, Senior Developer, Landon House SBS
West Dover Hundred, Delaware