[Distutils] Pondering multi-package packages

Fred L. Drake fdrake@acm.org
Wed, 24 May 2000 19:46:08 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 24 May 2000, Andrew Kuchling wrote:
 > Note that WinZip, which is commonly used, doesn't archive zero-length
 > files under some circumstances; occasionally people run into this when
 > they unzip a directory and can't import from the package.  Hence the
 > convention of just putting a comment in __init__.py, to avoid having a
 > zero-length file.

  Docstrings are also nice candidates, but I don't know if that's the
right thing for the "mx" package.  It's a little different from the
simpler packages that were initialy envisioned.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>