[Distutils] Re: [Python-Dev] py_compile and CR in source files

Fri, 26 May 2000 04:39:39 -0500 (CDT)

    Greg> Arrghh!  This means that Distutils will either have to
    Greg> check/convert line-endings at build-time (hey, finally, a good
    Greg> excuse for the "build_py" command), or implicitly compile modules
    Greg> by importing them (instead of using 'py_compile.compile()').

I don't think you can safely compile modules by importing them.  You have no
idea what the side effects of the import might be.

How about fixing py_compile.compile() instead?

--
Skip Montanaro, skip@mojam.com, http://www.mojam.com/, http://www.musi-cal.com/
"We have become ... the stewards of life's continuity on earth.  We did not