[Distutils] compiling extension for app

Rene Liebscher R.Liebscher@gmx.de
Thu Nov 2 09:46:01 2000

Pete Shinners wrote:

> is there a simple way to get distutils to compile
> an extension for my end-user app? i need a small
> extension compiled and just placed in the current
> directory (not installed to PYTHONHOME)
>
> i'm not sure if distutils supports anything like this,
> but i imagine someone out there has done something
> similar? i'd be glad to get my hands on some info
> or examples, thanks

There might be also a simpler way to do this,
but I have for this purpose a tiny shell script.

install-here.sh
---------------------------------
#!/bin/sh
python setup.py install --install-base . --install-lib . --install-data
. --install-headers . --install-scripts .

So I can always test a local installation (if it is
a package).

May be the parameters for build (build-base,build-lib)
are that what you need.

Kind regards
Rene Liebscher