[Distutils] distutils 1.0.1 - bdist_rpm- MANIFEST.in recursive-include broken?

Joe Van Andel vanandel@ucar.edu
Wed Nov 15 18:20:01 2000

Using distutils 1.0.1 with Python 1.5.2 on Redhat 6.2:

I'm trying to build an RPM for my package using distutils.  I tried to
create 'MANIFEST.in', containing:

recursive-include *.py
recursive-include *.h
recursive-include *.hh
recursive-include *.cc
recursive-include *.c
graft examples
prune test
global-exclude *~

However, the resulting MANIFEST is missing the include files (*.h), so
the necessary files aren't copied to the temporary build directories,
and the RPM related compilations fail.

I finally built an explicit MANIFEST file that contained all my source
code files, and then
setup.py bdist_rpm worked.  (Of course having to manually build
'MANIFEST' is extra work.)

Is there another snapshot in the works, or should I try the CVS version?

--
Joe VanAndel
http://www.atd.ucar.edu/~vanandel/