[Distutils] distutils 1.0.1 - bdist_rpm- MANIFEST.in recursive-includebroken?

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Thu Nov 16 04:08:01 2000

Rene Liebscher wrote:
> (Greg: Either we document that MANIFEST.in doesn't accept any relative
> paths (containing '.' or '..') or we send all files/dirs from the
> template
> and all files that form filelist's base list through normpath() or even
> better for Windows normcase().)

I think accepting relative paths is a good idea to ease
the work of developers. Instead of normpath(), I'd use abspath()
though since this turns relative paths into absolute ones.
After having done that you may also want to strip the current
dir from the absolute names to get ones relative to the
current work dir.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg