[Distutils] distutils extensions

Alexandre Fayolle Alexandre.Fayolle@logilab.fr
Wed Nov 29 10:01:01 2000

[discussing distutils on xml-sig, since this is becoming
distutil-specific, I swich lists. I'm not sure whether Martin von Loewis
has subscribed to distutils-sig, though...]

> > use doc_files in your setup.cfg file, or --doc_files filelist on the
> > command line.
>
> Thanks, I will try that.

2 remarks:

 * I typo'ed, it's '--doc-files' (with a dash)

 * this option does not handle directories, which really is sad. The
4Suite team has overcome this by providing an extension. I'm looking at
their code right now, and it looks as if their extension package was
really interesting. Is there any chance that it could be incorporated to a
future distutils release, or released as a 4Suite spinoff from the
fourthought site?

Alexandre Fayolle
--
http://www.logilab.com
Narval is the first software agent available as free software (GPL).