[Distutils] distutil or setup problem?

Thomas Heller thomas.heller@ion-tof.com
Thu Nov 30 06:49:02 2000

hoel@germanlloyd.org (Berthold Höllmann) writes:

> Ahh, I'm wrong. Distutils 1.0.1 do not work with Python 1.5.2 on Win32
> because the 1.5.2 config.h for Win does *not* contain the neccesarry
> #pragma definitions for the library inclusion (at least in my copy).

This is from 1.5.2 config.h:
#ifdef MS_WIN32

#ifndef USE_DL_EXPORT
/* So nobody needs to specify the .lib in their Makefile any more */
#ifdef _DEBUG
#pragma comment(lib,"python15_d.lib")
#else
#pragma comment(lib,"python15.lib")
#endif
#endif /* USE_DL_EXPORT */

So, it *should* work...
And it *does* work, just checked it out.

> So I guess get_libraries in distutils/command/build_ext.py should be
> changed to something like
[snip]

It has been debated on distutils-sig in the past whether build_ext
should special-case MSVCCompiler or not. Maybe we should remove this
special case completely.
Anyway, I would be interrested why it does not work for you.

Thomas