[Distutils] Better SWIG C++ support

Greg Ward gward@python.net
Sat Oct 14 00:26:01 2000

On 06 October 2000, Joerg Baumann said:
> I had troubles with distutils 1.0 and the way I use SWIG.
> I couldn't find any support for the -shadow option and no way to pass an
> extra include dir to swig (like itīs possible for the c compiler)
>
> Therefore I wrote a patch.

Great -- thanks!

Unfortunately, this definitely counts as new functionality, so it'll
have to wait until post-Python 2.0.  I'm not sure if we're talking about
Distutils 1.0.2 or 1.1, but definitely not 1.0.1.

Could you submit your patch to the SourceForce patch manager so it
doesn't get lost?  Thanks.  Go to:

  https://sourceforge.net/patch/?group_id=5470

(after logging in, of course, if you have a SourceForge user ID).

Thanks --

        Greg
--
Greg Ward                                      gward@python.net