[Distutils] Distutilizing wxPython

Thomas Heller thomas.heller@ion-tof.com
Mon Oct 16 03:49:01 2000

> On 09 October 2000, Thomas Heller said:
> > There should probably be separate flags for the C-compiler
> > and the resource compiler.
>
> Is that really necessary?  Robin's patch seems OK to me, except that it
> only fixes MSVCCompiler -- presumably the Borland compiler class should
> get similar treatment.
>
> When would you need separate -I and -D options for the resource
> compiler?

Maybe it's ok for -I and -D.
Here is the complete list of options for the resource compiler of MSVC6:

Usage:  rc [options] .RC input file
Switches:
   /r    Emit .RES file (optional)
   /v    Verbose (print progress messages)
   /d    Define a symbol
   /u    Undefine a symbol
   /fo   Rename .RES file
   /l    Default language ID in hex
   /i    Add a path for INCLUDE searches
   /x    Ignore INCLUDE environment variable
   /c    Define a code page used by NLS conversion
   /w    Warn on Invalid codepage in .rc (default is an error)
   /n    Append null's to all strings in the string tables.
Flags may be either upper or lower case

I have often seen use of the /l flag.

Thomas