[Distutils] Some suggested additions for distutils

Tue Oct 24 09:35:01 2000

On Tue, Oct 24, 2000 at 02:27:32PM +0100, Moore, Paul wrote:
>1. A --dry-run option to the install action. This could list what was going
>to be done, but not actually do it. This would be useful for testing
>installations, or for systems admins who want to be sure what an installer
>is going to do before starting.

Greg's already used the time machine to add that feature:

kronos ZEO>python setup.py --help
Global options:
  --verbose (-v)  run verbosely (default)
  --quiet (-q)    run quietly (turns verbosity off)
  --dry-run (-n)  don't actually do anything
  --help (-h)     show detailed help message

Information display options (just display information, ignore any commands)

I'm not sure what technical problems there are with respect to
uninstalling.

--amk