[Distutils] Installation directory

Robin Dunn robin@alldunn.com
Tue Oct 24 11:52:23 2000

> >Actually, a third (Python) question: If I do add a "site library"
> >what do I need to do to get Python to recognise it by default? Looking at
> >the documentation of the site module, it looks like Unix has a
> >directory already, via sys.prefix, whereas Windows doesn't. Should/could
> >just set sys.prefix somehow? (Maybe this should be directed to somewhere
> >like the Python newsgroup, though).
> You can set the environment variable PYTHONPATH to give additional
> directories to search for python modules.

Or add it to the registry in HKLM\Software\Python\PythonCore\2.0\PythonPath,
or make a file named sitecustomize.py in your Python root directory that
imports sys and inserts or appends to sys.path directly.

Robin Dunn
Software Craftsman
http://wxPython.org     Java give you jitters?
http://wxPROs.com        Relax with wxPython!